Job by Association for Human Rights in Ethiopia (AHRE)– Program Coordinator
Senior Level (3+ years’ experience in NGOs)
As per the organization’s scale
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
Association for Human Rights in Ethiopia (AHRE) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, and not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of human rights protection in Ethiopia by research-based investigations and advocacy at a national level.
AHRE was established in Geneva, Switzerland in 2015 due to the former CSO law. Following the political transition in Ethiopia AHRE has moved its headquarters from Geneva and registered in Ethiopia with the Ethiopian Civil Society Agency on November 12/2020. AHRE is conducting several researches on human rights-based issues that need immediate attention in the country. AHRE had facilitated training to local civic society organizations to help strengthen their capacity regarding human rights works. It also monitors trials. AHRE is looking for a Program Coordinator.
The Program Coordinator is directly responsible for the Executive Directress, S/he is responsible to direct and coordinate program area office activities through the development of annual action plans, effective project tracking, budget tracking and reporting (including project budgets), monitoring and evaluation as specified in AHRE’s strategic plan and management documents. Performs other related tasks as required.
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop or approve budgets and operations for programs.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements within AHRE programs.
- Supervise all programs and involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of Programs.
- Read reports prepared by the executive director and the board to determine progress and issues.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations of programs.
- Ensure that all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Engage the external community as to build and maintain essential relationships.
- Invest in building relationships, both with the outside community and with the population that AHRE is targeting.
- Carry out fundraising efforts with only the highest ethical standards.
- Identify fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of the AHRE.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of AHRE.
- Create programs that are as effective and efficient as possible.
- To ensures that his/her interventions and activities as Program Director AHRE at all times inconformity with the applicable laws in Ethiopia and do not in any way jeopardize the safety, wellbeing and the future operation of AHRE in Ethiopia;
Work Unit: Program’s Office
Reports To: The Executive Directress
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with possible travel to regional areas
Number of staff required:- one
Educational qualification, experience & skill:
- LLM/LLB/MBA/BA 3 years of service in NGOs on program areas for LLM/MBA and 5 years or more for LLB/BA.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft basics and internet (MS Word, Excel, Access and Power point);
- Skill in Proposal drafting, Project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Leadership & supervision skill
- Proven report writing and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and organizing and make logical and timely decision making skills
- Willingness to work in extra working hours and weekends with staffs;
- Highly motivated, self-managed and Strategic oriented;
- High level commitment to achieve program goal;
- Able to work with no supervision;
- Ability to prepare and submit quality reports timely;
How to Apply
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 7 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short-listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Association for Human Rights in Ethiopia (AHRE)
Office – Addis Ababa, telephone 0921383247
Email: [email protected]
Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the post.