Association for human rights in Ethiopia (AHRE)
Position Title – Finance officer
Category – Fulltime
Number of staff required – one
Location- Addis Ababa with possible travel to region areas
Career level : Senior (more than five years years of experience ), experience in NGO s is a plus.
Salary : as per the organization’s scale
Qualification: BA degree in Accounting with a minimum experience of 5 years and NGO-experience is preferable
Association for Human Rights in Ethiopia (AHRE) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, and not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of human rights protection in Ethiopia. Major program components of AHRE are Research, Research/Evidence-based advocacy, trial monitoring, and capacity building for state and non-state actors on human rights and related issues. This will be carried out through reviewing the human rights situations in the country and performing advocacy, capacity building training, and other related tasks that cannot be carried out effectively by other human rights organizations for different reasons. Our mission is to contribute to the improvement of the human rights situation in Ethiopia by conducting research and reviewing existing human rights conditions within the country and defending basic human rights. It is also the organization’s mission to assist the government in the efforts of improving human rights treatments in the country. AHRE is looking for a finance officer. Someone who will create and implement financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency
Responsibilities of Finance officer
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets.
- Prepare periodical financial reports as per terms and conditions stated in grant agreements, for office use and other organizational commitments to the government
- Assist project officers and other senior staff in preparation and execution of budget plans of core programs
- Attend proper preparation and effective payment for various organizational transactions.
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes .
- Contribute to financial audits.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Liaise with the heads of finance of the donors and partners on the financial management aspects
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Prepare balance sheet and invoices.
- Maintaining and reviewing financial records.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting and tax laws.
- Monitoring expenditure and providing reports.
- Evaluating internal management system, procedures and risks and provide timely advice to the management and other staff
- Managing the accounts and preparing financial statements.
- Ensure that financial issues are handled as per the Finance Manual of the organization to guarantee operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Qualified applicants who meet the above requirements can send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The deadline is 7 working days starting from the day this vacancy is posted.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted